Sunday, August 28, 2005

with all that's left of me

I don't know how far I've got to go,
but I'll go with all that's left within me.

It hasn't been an easy week. I know it hasn't for others too.
It felt so different this time round.
I tried hanging onto The one I relied on for everything in my Life.
Then I found myself struggling with things
I knew I couldn't go through alone.
It was the hardest thing, for now. I'm afraid. Afraid that one day I'll lose
certain things, that I know I'll regret not holding on to. God left His legacy,
what am I going to leave behind, when I'm gone?

Guess they were right. I can't even keep my spirit up.
My faith is going up, then down. Everything became so unpredictable.
And I realised, I'm part of everything too.
And suddenly, 2005 never seemed harder.
Right there, I saw what it meant, growing and sharing Life with friends.
People who mean the world to you. Going through all sorts of things together.
We grasp the true meaning of joy, yet we cry with each other too.
We help each other, no matter what it takes.
Being children of God, costs us something.

maybe even everything

Someday, all we possess will disappear. One day,
we might lose all that we have.
What would we do then? To keep the faith, or to remain in despair.
Why do people get angry at God. It hurts at times, but don't you need God
all the more in trying times? Without God, all that'll be left, is
a big empty hole that no one else can satisfy.
I want to know what that feels like.
I do, want to feel what it's like to go through suffering. The extreme suffering.
With the tears and with the smiles, let's all pick ourselves up.
Let go, and Let God instead.

Vanessa, I've got your back. But know what? God has all of you.
Like I told you, we'll press on together. Don't give up,
we will rejoice in the one whom we call Savior.

2005, I'll look back on this year and see all that I've gone through.
the year isn't even over yet. I'll remember what others went through too.

We walk through the doors, so accusing their eyes. Like they have any right at all to criticize, We're all here for the very same reason.

"But you can't jump the track, we're like cars on a cable, And life's like an hourglass, glued to the table. No one can find the rewind button now."

That's the harsh reality of Life. It's just like that.
That's the very reason why people need God.

I know and I just know, I need Him.

Happy Birthday Sam

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home